Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spinach Salad

This is a terrific spinach salad with a spicy and sweet taste. Sometimes I half the dressing because it makes so much and I don't like it to be soggy.

Spinach Salad

1 head lettuce (I use romaine)
1 bunch spinach
3/4 lb. grated swiss cheese
1 red onion, sliced
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled (I sometimes use the Hormel in a bag bacon from Costco)

Dressing:
3/4 T. poppy seed
1/3 C. white vinegar
3/4 c. oil
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. grated onion
3/4 t. salt
2 tsp. prepared mustard

Toss together lettuce, spinach, cheese, onion, and bacon. Mix together rest of dressing ingredients and pour over spinach.

1 comment:

Pryors said...

I made this salad the other day for a birthday lunch and everyone enjoyed it. I plan on trying more of your recipes soon, keep posting them.