Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hawaiian Haystacks


The first time I ever had Hawaiian Haystacks (or some call them chicken sundaes) was in college. All present were shocked that I'd never heard of them before, but I'm guessing there might be someone else out there who hasn't tried them.

1.) MAKE CHICKEN GRAVY (you can buy it in a can or make to taste--see below)
2-3 cans of cream of chicken or celery
1-2 c. of milk or chicken broth (depending on taste and desired consistency)
cooked, cubed/shredded chicken (I usually cook 2 chicken tenders for each person, but that is more chicken than some would like)
1 c. of rice/person

toppings:
green onions (a must I think)
green peppers
tomatoes (for sure)
cheese
pineapple
coconut
chow mein noodles
cashews

1 comment:

Julie said...

I loved these at the family reunion & I had NEVER heard of them before! I'd love the recipe.