Thursday, September 4, 2008

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe makes 2-3 dozen cookies (depending on how big you make them). I have been using it for years, in fact these cookies helped me lure my husband. It was given to me by my sister-in-law Jeannie and while she says she has moved on and loves other recipes (I've tried them and this is still my favorite) this one is THE BEST! These are SO good, Chad's Grandma Davenport says I can get a job making cookies at McDonald's! :)



2 sticks butter


2 eggs


3/4 c. sugar


1 c. brown sugar


1 T. vanilla


3 c. flour


3/4 t. baking soda


3/4 t. salt


chocolate chips




Cream the first four ingredients, then add the vanilla. Add one cup of flour with the baking soda, mix. Add the second cup of flour with the salt, mix. Add the third cup with the chips (whichever you prefer--I like milk chocolate) and mix. Roll into balls and bake 10 mins at 350. Take out of the oven and let sit on the sheet for another 1-2 minutes to firm up a bit. Let cool on a rack. I like my cookies SUPER soft, so this recipe is for soft cookies. Bake another 2 minutes if you like crispier cookies.

No comments: